Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Vandalism and Theft on Christmas


World's Worst Christmas Present

Sometime between when we left the house late Christmas Eve to when we returned the morning after Christmas we made an unpleasant discovery. Someone had gutted our power box. Because the incident is being investigated (we had to make an online report to the Sacramento Police department because they were just to understaffed to send someone out) we can't give out too many details but there may have been one witness and one of the neighbors had installed a security camera that we hope may have recorded the event. Until then we have found ourselves with yet another huge setback. We now have to pay to replace the panel and for the electrical work to fix the damage. When I start to feel upset by this senseless act I find myself wondering how pathetic some one's life must be to stoop so low to do this and then all I feel is a deep pity. Sure, we are going through a tough time with plenty of setbacks but we have are surrounded by love. Which makes me think of...

My Christmas FaceBook Message
Just the night before we discovered this I had posted a late night message to my FaceBook page. I wrote:
"I am surrounded by so many beautiful people. People with such light inside of them that they brighten my darkest days. They turn a time of hardship and pain into a night sky of painted lights of wonder and magic. I find myself perversely blessing those very hardships for helping me see those stars in my life. I am so very grateful to all of you, my stars, my beacons of light."

For every setback we face it is a time to reflect on how blessed we are. We have so many people who have shown us their love and caring, we have had neighbors help us again and again. We have the love of our children who are still so excited by returning to our family home. If you look into our bank account you may think we are in deep financial straits but if you could look into our hearts you will see that we are overflowing with riches.

We will find a way to do this and we will do it together with the love and support of family, friends and our community.

Tony of SOS Plumbing
BELATED THANK YOU'SWith all the challenges arising in the past week or two we have been late in thanking a few folks. We have had an electrician, a plumber and a general contractor give us discounts and allow us to make smaller payments so that we could get much needed work done in time for inspections. 

East Sac Hardware
I knew that we had to find some reliable help and FAST. So I went to East Sac Hardware for guidance. (I used to go to East Sac Hardware as a child and my mother would always buy me a Crush soda from their now vintage soda machine. Yes that was 30+ years ago!!!) I was directed to a gentleman by the name of  Tahoe who introduced me to Torrey Stoddard, the owner of TMS Construction, whom we hope can guide us the rest of the way in our project so that everything is done just right. 


Tony Chance of  SOS PlumbingEast Sac Hardware also directed us to Tony who quickly came in and got the work that we needed for the inspection done. Thank you so much Tony!

Morgan and Robert
Morgan and her boyfriend came to help us for a week and together they have been an amazing help. I honestly think that their being here to help us has saved my sanity. Thanks guys! We love you.

We have so many people to thank who continue to help and support us when they are able. Please take a moment to visit our thank you page to see what an amazing community we have supporting us.

LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT WE ARE DOING AND SEE MORE PICTURES OF THE PROJECT AT OUR WEBSITE: WWW.GROVETRIBE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment